Friday 30 August 2013

See the face of the shape of things to come

It feels so good to feel normal. My thoughts are clear as a lake on a windless day.

I even got an amazing idea for one painting I was thinking about making for the living room. I had the colours I wanted to paint, but no idea what to paint. Now I know, yet I have to stay patient because I can't buy a canvas until next months paycheck comes.


If I would ever get married, this is the song I would play in my wedding. "Nerdy" says someone who gets stuck on the title and the background of the song, but it is also hauntingly beautiful piece. And those who loved the show as much as I do also appreciate the story behind the song.

Some of you might not know who Bear McCreary is, but you most likely have heard at least some of the songs he has composed. I got to know this amazing composer through the earth-shaking soundtrack of Battlestar Galactica, but he has also created the soundtrack for The Walking Dead, and there's probably not that many people who wouldn't have heard the theme song of that show.
If his music intrigued you, go find out more.

I'll just absorb these beautiful melodies into me while enjoying the sunset and the feeling of normality.

But before that I have to share a great trailer of the show Battlestar Galactica, I assume made by a fan. But loyal fans can make the best trailers. It's a little preview of the show, but the show itself holds so much more.
Science fiction, which might be a curse word for some, but it's their loss. Outer space with it's breath-taking views, action, romance, mystery especially surrounding the scientist Gaius Baltar and the human-looking Cylon Number Six. The music really intensifies the scenes.
And since I have the gift of really getting into different kinds of great stories, it means a lot when music increases the marvelous experience.
For those who cannot dive deep into the story and the characters might not find the show enjoyment enough, but it's frankly their loss.
Others; enjoy!


 "I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! And I want to - I want to smell dark matter! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to - I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language! But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws! And feel the wind of a supernova flowing over me! I'm a machine! And I can know much more!"

No comments:

Post a Comment